Acclimatization: symptoms and prevention
Nothing is so dumbfounded by long-awaited vacation, like a felting in bed with ailment of half the time reserved for the curtain. And wines everything – acclimatization. Therefore, in this article we will tell you how to cope with it and on a hot resort, and in the cold mountains.
What is acclimatization?
This is a natural process in the body – so it adapts to the new climate. Adult uncle and aunt feel necessary after 2-4 days, and children approximately in a week.
That is why it is not recommended to take children to another climate, less than 3 weeks. Otherwise, the child will only get used to the environment, and it is necessary to go back. As a result, the body is rebuilt again (already back) and the trip turns into stress.
Also, adults are not recommended to perform short visits to places where a very big difference in the climate.
Acclimatization in hot countries
Many people do bad heat as such, so the first days in the resort are painfully. Most likely you will have:
- Permanent thirst
- Lost, fatigue
- Pressure jumps
- The aggravation of chronic and cardiovascular diseases (if available)
With such a set of rest will be no joy. But the symptoms can be minimized or get rid of them, if you follow some rules:
- To ventilate housing as often as possible, especially before bedtime (it is desirable not to close the window at night);
- Fought in the morning and in the evening, and in the middle of the day there is something slightly slightly;
- To drink a lot, but not immediately two liters of water before the excursion, but to use water in small portions throughout the day;
- Refreshing shower of a comfortable temperature will not be superfluous.
In general, if you fly to Thailand (or another hot country), then not for the New Year holidays, and at least for a couple of weeks from above, so as not to go crazy and have time to implement the planned.
Acclimatization in the mountains
Many dream of spending vacation in the mountains: wake up every morning and look at the tops, walk through forest paths and along mountain lakes. All this is beautiful and cool, but here you will find insidious acclimatization. And the symptoms are:
- noise in ears
Still would! Immediately changing pressure on face, and completely different height. Even if you do not climb Everest, then rest in the mountains, even at an altitude of about 2,000 meters above sea level, will affect the overall well-being.
But here you can handle if:
- Pick up height gradually. If you arrange an independent trekking, then highlight the day of rest after every thousand meters to get used to height.
- It is not fatty and fried food and do not stuff a belly to failure, but there are small portions.
- Drink water during the day, it is desirable to increase the amount of up to 3-4 liters per day.
The same applies to the way back (if it comes to Trekking): Get down gradually, do not forget to eat and drink. And if you just arrived at the mountain hotel, then get enough sleep, walk more, observe the power mode and do not forget to drink water. Soda does not count, but a strong tea is very.
Acclimatization in the north
Nevertheless, on warm comfortable countries, ride, I want to experience yourself and in harsh conditions, right? If you go north, get ready for:
- loss of appetite
- Muscular fatigue
In order not to suffer from it and not to skip vacation days, observe only two simple rules:
- dress warm and weather, it is desirable that the outerwear is unproduced.
- Eat more oily food: meat, milk, cheese. Wonderful well-being will also contribute vitamins and ascorbic acid.
By the way, on returning home from another climatic belt, acclimatization also awaits you. Already reverse, if you can say so. Therefore, lay a few days after arriving at rest and addiction to the environment. And then run the next morning to work will be hard.
In our Telegram Channel There is also useful and relevant information. We tell about the places where you immediately want to fly away, publish cheap tickets, share news and lifhaca. Walkam!