DTs (Darkov) – resort complex in the city of Karvina (Karvina) in the northeast of the Czech Republic, near the Polish border (5 km).
Exceptional natural wealth of iodine-bromine water, modern methods of treatment and professionalism of doctors – the three components of the high efficiency of treatment at Darkov. Striking successes Darkov in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system have made it one of the most popular resorts in the Czech Republic.
DTs consists of two complexes, located in one city and remote from each other at a distance of 4 km: «hospital Darkov» and "rehabilitation center".
The clinic consists of eight Darkov spa buildings – villas with your own name, declared monuments of culture – is a comfortable accommodation and is located in the beautiful spa park of 17 hectares, near the historic city center. Patients with diseases of the musculoskeletal system and diseases of the circulatory system are treated here. Since the summer of 2007, patients of the resort and customers of the city enjoy a new recovery center.
Diseases recommended for treatment in «Creator Darkov»:
1. Conditions after injuries of the musculoskeletal system and operations on the bones and the joints of the limbs;
2. Status after operations on intervertebral discs and about the stenosis of the spine channel;
3. Consequences of damage to tendons, ligaments, subcutaneous fat fabrics, skeletal muscles;
4. Post-traumatic scar, teten and neurogenic limb contractors;
5. Diseases of tendons, ligaments, cross-striped muscles, including rheumatic etiology;
6. Deforming, posttraumatic arthrosis limbs (coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis, etc.);
7. Osteochondrosis with pain syndrome of functional or degenerative origin;
eight. Nonspecific arthritis; rheumatoid arthritis I-IV stage (including juvenile forms);
nine. Ankilosic spondylitrite (Bekhtereva’s disease);
ten. Seronegative spondyloarthropathy (psoriatic syndrome, Reiter syndrome), reactive (parainfection) chronic arthritis;
eleven. Arthropathy in blood diseases (hemophilic), diseases of the endocrine system (at akromegamii, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, diabetic arthropathy), with pulmonary disorders (hypertrophic pulmonary osteoarthropathy), neurological diseases (arthroses on lowering the pain sensitivity threshold);
12. Diseases caused by violation of metabolism, with lesions of the joints (gout, chondroalcinosis – false gout), chronic arthropathy;
13. Violation of the function of peripheral blood circulation;
fourteen. Vascular diseases with preferably lesions of the lower extremities – obliterating endarteritic atherosclerotic or inflammatory genesis – I-II stage;
15. Condition after thrombosis and thrombophlebitis in remission (recommended to begin treatment until 3 months after exacerbation), condition after surgery for varicose veins;
16. Chronic lack of lymphatic vessels, lymphostasis;
Rehabilitation Sanatorium – a new spa clinic. It was founded in 1976. It consists of a complex of interconnected buildings, all services «under the same roof». Here treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system, such as spinal diseases, conditions after injuries and operations of the locomotor system, conditions after implantation of artificial joints, as well as neurological diseases, including conditions after strokes. Thanks to its new centers ( "Recovery Center" and "World of Vitality") health resort designed for relaxation and relaxation of character.
Indications for treatment in the "rehabilitation center":
1. Radicular syndromes of vertebral origin;
2. Inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system (state after suffering meningitis, encephalitis with spastic paretic and signs);
3. Hemiparesis, paraparesis of vascular origin with a tendency to restore function without significant changes of the psyche;
4. Conditions after injuries, operations in the central and peripheral nervous system movement disorders, but with a tendency to recovery of motor function;
5. Vertebral functional pain syndrome or degenerative genesis, systemic treatment;
6. Idiopathic scoliosis, scoliosis various genesis with a degree of curvature of 60 degrees according to Cobb (1-2-3 degree scoliosis) Systemic treatment;
7. Conditions after injuries of the musculoskeletal system, operations on bones and joints, including the intervertebral disk surgery and spinal stenosis channel;
eight. Condition after orthopedic surgery with the use of prosthetic joints;
nine. Preoperative preparation before operations prosthetic joints;
ten. States after burns and reconstructive operations with the danger of the development of kelloid scars within 6 months after healing;
1. Infectious diseases and fixedness
2. Cardiovary Decompression, Heart Rate Disruption
3. Bleeding of all kinds
4. Malignant tumors
6. Mental diseases
7. Alcoholism, narcotic dependence
The founding of the resort of Darkov dates back to 1867, when the first resort season was opened, and is associated with the first scientific analyzes of natural healing sources. Even before that, the local residents were known for the healing spring, the water of which they were used in therapeutic purposes.
Once upon a time, when searching for coal reserves, people witnessed how the sources saturated with iodine and bromine scored the key. They are called Solyankami. Later, scientists of the Vienna University were investigated by the healing effects of natural mineral water, saturated with iodine and bromine – it contributes to the treatment of musculoskeletal system, neurological, cardiovascular, skin diseases, as well as chronic respiratory diseases, states after burns and gynecological diseases. Its occurrence geologically dates back to the tertiary period and, judging by the composition of water, there is no doubt that this is the water of the prehistoric sea. Yodobromic water – is the dominant treatment in the resort of Darkov and is used in most balneological procedures.
The oldest buildings of the resort of Darkov, who came to this day belong to 1870-1879. However, the rapid increase in the popularity of the resort led to the fact that everyone began to lack places. Therefore, for the period from 1895 – 1902, new buildings were built to accommodate customers. In the same period, the resort park was founded.
In 1931, the resort of Darkov was again forced to expand. All these years, with the exception of the period of World War II, when the rooms were used for military surgery, the resort of Darkov continued its successful work. Before the resort began to belong to the state, his last owner was the Count Larisch-Mönnich.
Detection of the fact that uodobromic water is adjacent to the ground with coal, determined the fate of the city of Karvin. In this regard, the activities of the resort of Darkov (the historical part of the resort «The hospital of Darkov») was temporarily suspended. On the other hand, the construction of a new complex on the other side of the city of Karvin began. A new complex of interconnected buildings was commissioned gradually – 1976, 1980 and 1989 and received the name "Rehabilitation Center".
The architecture of buildings is designed in the style of those times, but the complex was calculated for clients with severe diseases of the musculoskeletal system (children’s cerebral paralysis, severe injuries and post operational conditions) and customers with disabilities in motion.
For a long time, both complexes "Decration of Darkov" and "Rehabilitation Center" were a unified system belonging to the state – "Resort Darkov". Thanks to the stopping of coal mining in the region, the historical part of the resort of Darkov ("the hospital of Darkov") was restored and repaired in accordance with the modern requirements for comfort. Some resort buildings were announced by architectural monuments, and the resort park is registered as a picturesque part of the landscape.
From September 1, 2003 – the resort of Darkov again became a private company, which continues 138 year old tradition of one of the most important resorts of the Czech Republic. Thanks to the large investment in the resort update, the resort of Darkov is becoming an increasingly attractive place to treat and rest.