Forgotten heroes-polar kits
Peter Boyarsky, Honorary Polyarnik, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Creator and Clean Head of the Maritime Arctic Compare Expedition, told "My Planet" about undeservedly forgotten polar explorers.
Now almost in every bookstore in the most prominent place is a stand with a sign "Heroes of the Fatherland", "Slava of Russia" or something else in the same way. And on it – a lot of pseudo-historical books with colorful portraits of cannibals and executioners on the covers. This means two things. First: thirst to find something glorious, great, something that can be proud of what to get down and feel the involvement of your country is so tough, which turns out to be stronger and ideas about good and evil, and elementary taste. And the second: we absolutely do not know our own history, it is not able to find for admiration and imitating the real heroes, courageous and noble, faith and the truth who served fatherland.
But there were so many! Only the development of the Arctic is the whole Pleiad of the glorious names and unparalleled feats committed for the sake of knowledge, in order for distant and unknown land and water to truly become part of Russia. Simple hubs and sophisticated aristocrats, officers and civilian walkers went to ice, in the edge of the eternal cold, walked, sitting there – in order for, for example, mapping the coastline or study ocean flows. You can write dizzying novels about each of them, remove blockbusters, each is worth becoming a cumier of romantic teenagers, sweating in their hearts of rock stars and football players in their hearts. But we forgot them and for some reason we do not want to remember.
When I asked Peter Boyarsky – Honorary polarist, the doctor of historical sciences, the creator and permanent head of the 27-year-old maritime arctic integrated expedition – to tell about someone from undeservedly forgotten heroes-polar shoes, he only threw his hands and began to sprinkle with the name, Ahai and interrupting Himself.
– You were in Kronstadt? You know what the highest monument is there? Monument Lauga Pakhtusov, Which in the first half of the XIX century was twice the new land and was buried near Archangel. Back in the royal times, the descendants set him this monument in Kronstadt. Pakhtusov made two wintering, made heroic descriptions. That is, in fact, this is a hero of Russia, but undeservedly forgotten.
– Fedor Robs, which in the middle of the XVIII century was also wintering on the new land, in the eastern mouth of the Syatkin Ball, – and no one knows him.
– Pomora Savva Hoshkina, One of whose wintering we, apparently, found, who, too, in the middle of the XVIII century, endured all the new land with one or two winterings, either no one knows. Funny!
– A Albanov with his book? Diaries of the navigator in the "Two Captains" – this diary is almost a word for word, only the city there Cavery has changed. I say: "Veniamin Aleksandrovich, that you are so?". And he: "Petya, well, after all, you will not think of". This is a stunning book written by a brilliant language.
When I go to the temple and notes for the rest I feed, I always write without thinking first of my ancestors, man 50, and for them and all the Arctic heroes who were Orthodox, – it turns out as much as much
– Nobody knows Ermnia Zhance, The daughter of General Zhance, the relative of Brusylov, a young girl who in 1912 went with an expedition to the Arctic. At first she participated in the flight as a passenger, but then, when a doctor who had to go with the team, refused, she stayed there instead of him, because he ended the courses nurses. And they all died. Albanov, perhaps, just because of her quarreled with Brusilov – with the captain and her far relative, and they left the ship. Took an extract from the magazine, Brusilov signed them: how many of them went, why, where. True, then the composition of the left, two or three came back, and they went to others instead: they almost walked all the first month, and they watched their vessel. And then everything: the ship was gone, and nothing is unknown. There is not. Whether they are those who remained, – made the flow near the eastern shore of Greenland, and then the war, 1914, the Russian flag was waving over them, and the Germans, of course, were treated. But this is just one of the versions, but no one knows exactly because no traces remained, the ship disappeared.
The legendary polar navigator Valentin Ivanovich was told me – and this is a famous story, – as after the war they flew in the north of Franz Joseph and suddenly saw the drifting old vessel from the aircraft, the outlines resembling and "Holy Anna", the outlines, already destroyed. The fog thickened here, while it went through – time passed, they took off, and there was no ship anywhere; Well, this is understandable, there is a powerful flow. And no more messages about him. Although found the same vessels drifting in the Arctic with frozen corpses on board and for 40 years, and 50 years ..
Heroic woman! I went with my husband to the Arctic Expedition. He, asked her, or what? But no, she came and went, and it was in 1735. He died on the expedition, and she died two weeks later. Written "from zing", and there who knows it – can and from grief
– And also Pronchishchev And his wife Tatiana, whom everyone called Maria! You know why? On the map was written "M. Nodchischeva, "and everyone decided that it was" Maria Nodchishcheva ", but in fact -" Cape Pronchishcheva ", and only ten years ago, the archivists raised the documents and realized that she was Tatiana. Well this is generally a heroic woman! I went with my husband to the Arctic Expedition. He, asked her, or what? But no, she came and went, and it was in 1735. He died on the expedition, and she died two weeks later. Written "from zing", and there who knows it – can and from grief.
– Yes, the names of these … Lord, and Matyushkin! Remember – "Happy way! From the Lyceum Mortgage / You stepped on the ship joking, / and since then in the seas Your road, / o, waves and storms favorite child!"? The lyceum friend Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin participated in the Wrangel expedition (of that Wrangel, Ferdinand, in honor of which the Island of Wrangel is named), it was a completely stunning expedition! I made pictures of places where they went out in the sea to look for the land of Sannikov. In my opinion, Wrangel, as a senior in a detachment, did not even give Matyushkin to publish his diaries. Oh, Matyushkin – such a bright personality was!
– Many forgotten. And not only pre-revolutionary travelers, but also Soviet polar explorers. No one does not even remember who Ushakov: This is necessary to come up with such a acine, which, probably, only Ushakov and could come to mind after he was on the island of Wrangel! There, the ship could not pass to the northern earth, and in the Western Group of Islands, kilometers of 30 from the Archipelago of the Northern Earth, they put a house and walked there in four. The young radioist of Vasya moves was sitting in this house all the time, and they threesome (Ushakov himself, Hunter Zhuravlev and a geologist of the generals) for two and a half or for three years they went around an unknown archipelago and made a map. Well this can be walked!
– Italians were still expedition Duke Abruzzky, went to the north pole, wintering, everything was thought out. The duke froze his finger, he was amputated, or he himself, he was cut off, – too, in general, heroic was man. They decided to go to the North Pole for the already spent method: there is auxiliary food detachment, leaves food, then there is another squad, leaves food again, and then the main detachment is. That is, it goes and goes, but they leave and leave warehouses. And the Italians went, went, went, went, then the last detachment returned – and the intermediate never returned. where did he go. Three them were there, did not find. The next year, a monument was put on Earth Franz-Joseph, which Duke Abruzzky sent. And their skeletons, maybe somewhere lying: they came out, for example, not on the island, but they could not go through the glacier, and everything, and hello. But we do not give money to get around and explore.
The young radioist of Vasya moves was sitting in this house all the time, and they threesome (Ushakov himself, Hunter Zhuravlev and a geologist of the generals) for two and a half or for three years they went around an unknown archipelago and made a map. Well this can be walked
– Stunning artist Alexander Borisov, The pupil of Queenji and Repin, built a house in the Macoquincine Ball, wintering there, flooded on the yacht, spent some studies, they took them, then they threw a yacht and returned on ice. He had a huge house, and he wrote his famous paintings there, and the whole world was licked from these paintings, thundered and admired.
– Oh, and Tsivol! Augustus Tsivolka, who first participated in the Pakhtusov expedition, then went there and died, he was buried, and we found this grave, in which I still did some pomps, and found at home. And at home all charred from above, and brick, like glass, melted. I realized: here it is a hydrogen bomb, how explodes, there is a nuclear polygon in the new earth. And the cross on the grave, and the winter itself burned out ..
– When I go to the temple and notes for the rest, I always write, I always write without thinking first of my ancestors, a person 50, and for them and all the Arctic heroes, who was Orthodox, it turns out as much as much.