Immersion in the abyss – immersion in yourself
At the sea at a depth of 25 meters, you can meet a pump, 45 m – salmon, 100 m – a giant fish-moon supersed with sides, like an asteroid craters. In November 2008, 126 m had a chance to face Alexey Molchanov – the five-time vice-champion of the world in Fridailing, 27-fold recordsman of Russia and the main evangelist of freediving in our country.
Alexey Molchanov – Okay-folded young man under 30, tanned, energetic, often and smiling. He looks like a beach rescuer who is quite short, on vacation, came to Moscow. Molchanov lives dives: earns (for several years in a row he won the championships held by Arab Sheikh: for the first place relied on Range Rover), teaches, develops the Russian Federation of Freediving and hopes that in the near future this sport is recognized officially. Interview gives in the Moscow basin before training – Molchanov spends in water a few hours a day.
– Everyone knows about the "Blue Abyss" by Luke’s "Blue Abyss": here is a man, here is flocks, but the depth.
– Gorgeous movies! For the first time I looked at him in seven or eight years, then a couple more times … But there are freedivers for which this is a desk film.
– But awesome. Judging by the "abyss", Fridayving is such an escape from the fuss, people, civilization. Again, you can not immediately: from two heroes, one did not live to the final.
– There are two versions – European and American. So, in the American End of Happy. All alive, Jean-Marc Barr renounced with dolphins and returned back … and then, in the film, the Freediving is shown. Safety, rules, refereeing – nothing else. Only in 1997 AIDA (International Diving Association for Respiratory Delay. – "MP") began to hold international competitions, and for all these years they did not have a single accident.
Fridayving, on the one hand, – swimming with all loads, on the other – swimming in pleasure. No bulky equipment and feelings that in the underwater world you are a guest, someone else’s
– Why did you become a diver?
– Parents pushed me to this (Mom Natalia Molchanova – World Champion in Fridayving and First Woman, immersed by 100 m on breathing delay. – "MP"). Not raped and not forced, but since childhood I was in the water. In two years I learned to swim, four came to competition and won five-six-year-old. I was often taken to the Black Sea – we went there by car, spent the night when in the tents, when in the private sector … I also loved to pick up in computers since childhood and after school I went to the technical specialty. But it joined the part of the Fridians, then the results went ..
– so what hooked?
– Fridayving, on the one hand, – swimming with all loads, on the other – swimming in pleasure. You can learn the underwater world, travel and penetrate the place where a person without skills will not take. Dive, stay for some time under water, watch sunken ships, objects, caves, fish, reefs … Unlike diving, it is easy to you. No bulky equipment and feelings that in the underwater world you are a guest, someone else’s.
– How is your training? Diving with a swallow from the yacht and ten minutes are considering corals?
– I come to the Red Sea or Bahamas. I take a mask, the flippers are short and sailing, looking for a shark, skates, man … But this is not a training, but maintaining forms. Few engaged in freediving professionally as sports. About 1000 people participate in competitions around the world. In Russia – 100. Fridaverov, for whom to dive is a hobby, another 20,000. Plus underwater hunters: they are more, maybe 100,000 (and this is only in Russia, in countries with the seas even more).
– What does professional freediving look like?
– There are two types of competitions: Sea and Pool Fridayving. Swimming pool is a clean sport, testing opportunities. How much do you delay your breath? How much will swim in the flops and how much without? People look at the stands and clap. The result is not to put if you hardly want to achieve something, strain: "I will do, I will do-do!"It is important to be able to relax. Each dive is immersion.
When you get down or up, thoughts may arise: "How it all important! I’m struggling for a prize place, I want to put a record!"If they arose, then all
– Zen from sports?
– Key skill in fridising – oxygen savings. Even if the body works, you should be relaxed. Sea competitions are also arranged simply. First warm up. Then you go to the starting zone – the judge sits, reporters with cameras. Diving. When you get down or up, thoughts may arise: "How it all important! I’m struggling for a prize place, I want to put a record!"If they arose, then all.
– Who insures you at the same time?
– wrist computer fixes meters. You’re in advance "order" the depth, and you put the rope. Immerse you along it. At the end – Little Bear: Duck! – And come back with her. You just can’t dive deeper. This is done for security. Under water, nitrogen anesthesia may occur, the state of akin toxication. The time seems to be stretched, movements become smooth, over you 100 m of water, but you are not able to accept an adequate solution: more than five meters or time? But if you lose consciousness, then, of course, will save. You are tracked by Sonar, the surface is on duty lifers on underwater scooters. The swimmer is finally associated with a cable: it does not interfere, but if something happened, Vzhik! – and man is pulled out by electric motor or controlllast.
– You dived at 100, 120 m deep … There is a limit on which you understand: I can not be deeper?
– I did not have it. Just quietly, by meter or two, add each dive. At the same time, it is important that you someone led you so that you do not break down and then phobias did not appear, the fear of the depth. You can start with techniques that use professional divers, dive and get injured.