In the footsteps of four musketeers
It is said that the history of France is best to study on the works of Alexander Duma-Father, the most famous of which – Roman "Three Musketeers". Taking a sample of such a popular tour of the sights of the heroes of Pushkin, Gogol or Dostoevsky in St. Petersburg, we will try to stroll along Paris d’Artagnian and his friends.
So, by April 305, the Chevalier d’Artagnan joins Paris through the eastern, Saint-Antoan, I will, and, in the hope of finding the address of the captain of Musketeers de Treville, goes to the Louvre. A few weeks later, however, not in the Louvre, but in Palae-Cardinal – the palace of Cardinal Richelieu, who then became the royal residence of Pale-Royal, will be lucky in a prison carriage of Mr. Bonasse.
And there will be a gustry galantraist to be fastened and fall into fainting: the temple of St. Paul, next to which Bastille prisoners were executed, – the Church of Saint-Paul and today stands on Saint-Antoine Street; on the Grevskaya Square (now – Town Hall) – also the place of public executions; Next to the monastery of St. Jacob’s composite, where the criminals betrayed the earth, only the 52-meter Tower of Saint-Jacques remained from the monastery. Time passes, and in the palace Pale-piano will be d’Artagnan: he will be invited to the audience himself, the All-Figure Cardinal, now paying for Paris from the height of the city hall: statue "Red Duke" – One of the 136 images of the Great French, adorning the facade of the hotel-de-Ville. However, Richelieu would find out the town hall, in which, by the way, the Merleson ballet took place, which completed the story with diamond suspensions, hardly: the building, bombed by the troops of Bismarck during the siege of Paris Prussians in 1870 and burned by the Paris Communication in 1871, the appearance of 1620 x years lost. Alexander Duma (1803 – 1870) wrote "Three Musketeers" In 1844. "Ten years later", With the third, the prefect of the Senn Department (in other words, the mayor of Paris) Baron George Eugene Osmann will begin to implement the Grand Reconstruction Program of the capital. Large boulevards will be expanded, the area in front of the Cathedral of the Parisian Our Lady, the ensemble of the star is formed, the opera building is erected and. D. Hyov Square and Highway will plunder a huge number of old streets and houses, but the quarters in which the time for centuries quartered the royal musketeers, more or less saved. Their geographically outlined by Dumas in the head of the seventh first part of the novel: "From Luxembourg to Saint-Sulpis Square or from Street Pigeon’s Street to Luxembourg".
. In 1615, the Queen of Maria Medici, the widow of the Catholic fanatic fanatics killed on May 14, 1610 and the Mother of the Thirteenth Mother of the Thirteenth, begins construction to the south of the left bank of the New Residence, the Luxembourg Palace. By mid 1620s. -Time Actions "Three Musketeers" – The Queen mother has already lived in his palace, however, the current luxury Luxembourg garden with floral parquets, a decorative and memorial sculpture, a pond, in which you can start the ride in a special booth toy sailing boats, have only smashed. The wasteland behind the Luxembourg Palace became a duel location "British and French", Which starts the second part of the Duma novel.
Along the Luxembourg Garden and the Palace runs the street Wirchirar; According to Parisians, the longest city street. Has Street Wirchirar, between the streets of Cassettes and Servandoni (the first retained its name to the present day; in the second case. Duma for some reason used "PoslameShketerskoe" The name of the Stillers Street), in the cozy Flygel Aramis lived. From the street, Wirchirar, we turn right. And here we are in a narrow and short (at 13 houses on each side) the alley, which is the name of the Italian architect Jean-Zherom Servandoni (1695 – 1766), which built a Saint-Sulpis Cathedral in 1745. This is the old street of the graveters, in which, as we remember, having arrived in Paris, removed the apartment d’Artagnan! The building at number 11 is not like a two-storey with an attic bonasse house, but paving pavement, undoubtedly, remembers and ringing the swords d’Artagnan, and gentle rustling of Mrs. Bonashe’s dress, and knocking shoes lacquer. In parallel, the street of the gravers (Servandoni) to Saint-Sulpis Square comes out of Fer, also preserved historical layout; ATOS lived here. But the street Yiev Colombeye (old pigeon), with buses and relatively wide roads and sidewalks, is clearly laid and built up with houses of the XIX century. It means no no longer "big and looks luxurious" Porthosa apartments, but also the mansion of Mr. de Treville, Captain Musketeers. But on Wizhirr Street, 72, there are still the construction of the Karmelitok Monastery (actually, the monastery was founded in honor of St. Joseph; "Choshasse" – "Rubber" – He began to be called because the nuns had to make shoes at the entrance to the temple). The memorial plaque on the wall states that on September 2, 1792, 114 priests were executed in the transfused revolution in prison. The desert near the monastery, who became the will of the author of the novel of the arena of the famous Musketeers and Guards Cardinal, is now all built-up.
So, it turns out that the Musketeers lived, loved, fought on duels only on a small patch, now clamped between spacious and lively Saint-Michel Boulevard and Ryu de Ren Street, leading to the 56-storey Monparnas Tower, the highest building of Paris? Of course no! Action "Three Musketeers" Deployed in all Paris. Here is the Louvre – the residence of the Kings of France, now – the world famous art museum.
Hedleco from Hotel-de-Vil – Vogzov Square, called three Musketeers Royal Epoch. In 1559, the King Heinrich’s second, wounded at the tournament in the tournament, who stood here, died here, wounded at the tournament, but it is already – from Roman Dumas "Two Diana". By 1612, the square in terms of the area was built up with a thirty-seven almost the same houses with arcades. In the number 6, where the Museum of Viktor Hugo is now, lived. Moyeni. Because of these doors, through which visitors enter the museum today, the early spring in the morning of 1627 ran away by half-building d’Artagnan, shocked by saw on Milady’s left shoulder. Alexander Duma writes that, in a hurrying to Athos, D’Artagnan ran into the confusion of Paul-Paris. Let’s try to imagine this path. Switching out of the quarter Mare, D’Artagnan rushed into a labyrinth of streets and houses, on the spot of which the fashionable street of Rivoli is running, having mounted by showcases of luxury stores. In the back, then there is still not a Muskeletter, but the Guard of the Rota of Disassers, gloomy gloomy the gray walls of Bastille. After a hundred and sixty years old, on July 14, 1789, the rebels of Parisians will take Bastilia to the storm and will soon destroy it to the ground; At the Karnavale Hotel – the Museum of the History of Paris – will demonstrate a layout of a fortress, folded from its genuine stones, and on the square of Bastille will establish a column in memory of the victims of the July Revolution of 1830, but D’Artagnan, killed in 1673 during the Franco-Dutch war, this never knows. Hado to believe, the young man reacted and, sorry for the pun, from "Shatle" – Places of conclusions, interrogations and torture. In the 1850s, the Shatle Square was according to the Baron Ottoman program reconstructed; The fortress demolished at the beginning of the XIX century was replaced by two theater. In the theatre "Shatle" May 19, 1909 the first ballet performance took place "Russian seasons" WITH. NS. Dyagileva; In the city theater for many years the famous Sarah Bernard appeared. D’Artagnan rushed to appear in such an exotic outfit in front of a guarded day and night Louvra, most likely, he crossed Sene on the bridge changed, just at Shatle Square. Further path lying through the island of Sita, by the Hotre lady in the Latin Quarter. Here D’Artagnan left behind Sorbonne – one of the oldest universities in the world, founded in the XIII century, and found himself in front of the Luxembourg Palace. Fer Street – near. Least D’Artagnan at Athos and proceed to the Portos, unlike his young friend, not flying from a love date, but in a hurry to him – to the elder, but straw prosecutor. Spouses Coknar lived on a bear street near the famous market – "Wheel Paris". From "Wheel" Only the old church of Saint-Estash (remember "begging from the porch of saint Eustafia from the novel "Twenty years later"?); At the site of the market square today sparkles with glass and aluminum a huge shopping and entertainment complex "Forum-les". But the Bear Street has survived, only now she rests on the Sevastopol Boulevard, laid all the same Baron Ottoman and named after the Crimean War of 1854-1856. When moving through the boulevard, it is clearly visible in the perspective of the dome of the police prefecture on the island of Sita next to the Palace of Justice. Quickly overcoming the path from home before serving the honorable prosecutor until he broke his paralysis! HA Square of Vogzov (Royal) Installed Marble Equestrian Statue of the King of Louis of the Thirteenth, on the Board of which the events described in "Three Musketeers". There are in Paris and sculptural image d’Artagnian. The young Musketeer proudly sends at the pedestal of the monument to Alexander Duma-Father on the Malzers Square (Corene Guy Malzerb – French Scientist and Political Affairs, executed on Eshafid on April 21, 1794) in the north-west of the historic center of Paris. In the opposite corner of the same Square – a monument to Alexander Duma-son. Perpetuation in Paris named d’Artagnian sculpture is not limited. Regarding the bridge of La Tournel, from whom, before entering the service to D’Artagnan, said in the Seine Tax, the long, but narrow street du tank comes to the left bank. HA Angle House N 1 Memorial Plank: Charles de Batz-Castelmore d’Artagnan, Captain Royal Musketeers, killed in 1673 under Maastricht during the Franco-Dutch War.