Not every tourist understands the importance of registration of insurance, having discouraged by phrases of the type "nothing will happen to me", "extra spending", "who generally looks at this insurance". This is the wrong way of reflection: first, some consulates without insurance policy do not issue visas, secondly, to predict their own (or alien) negligence is almost impossible.
Consulates of the Schengen countries do not take documents for a visa without a properly discreted medical policy on all days of stay. The minimum insurance amount in this case is 30 thousand euros. If you are gathered in the US or in Japan, the minimum amount of insurance coverage will be 50 thousand dollars. To countries such as Turkey, Egypt, UAE, insurance is not obligatory – will be allowed without it, but we still recommend issuing it for their own calm.
You can buy a medical policy in the offices of insurance companies, in travel agencies or place it on your own online (the last option is good in cases where the visa is already in hand, or you go to the country of visa-free regime, because the consulates usually require policies with blue printing and a real signature of insurance agent). Read more Read more – "How to make insurance online".
There is no fundamental difference for the client, how to buy a policy – directly at the insurance company or an intermediary, the cost of insurance in both cases will be the same.
In addition to medical, there are many other tourist insurance options. Can be insure against loss of baggage, flight delays, from the unbearable and t.D.
Features of the execution of the policy in some countries of the Schengen Agreement
- Austria – when making the policy, the insurance period must be increased by 15 extra days ago, t.E. If the visa is requested for 10 days, the insurance period is 25 days, and the number of insured days to do with this 10. The exception is policies decorated for long terms – from 6 months. and more. In the November-March period, the ski risk must be included in all policies.
- Italy – when making the policy, the country does not specify, only Schengen.
- Finland – when making the policy, do not specify the country, only Schengen. The start date of the policy = date of submission of documents for a visa, the end date = date of the trip. Number of days = the duration of the planned trip.
- Denmark – When making the policy, the insurance period must be increased by 15 extra days, t.E. If the visa is requested for 10 days, the insurance period is 25 days, and the number of insured days to do with this 10. The exception is policies decorated for long terms – from 6 months. and more.
- Latvia – when making the policy, the insurance period must be increased by 15 extra days, t.E. If the visa is requested for 10 days, the insurance period is 25 days, and the number of insured days to do with this 10. The exception is policies decorated for long terms – from 6 months. and more.
- Andorra and Monaco in the countries of the Schengen Agreement are not included. In the policy it is necessary to point the country + Schengen Union.
The term of the insurance policy in all of the above countries is established depending on the requirements of consular services. In the event that the consulate practices the issuance of visas with "open dates" (t.E. The visa is issued with the right of presence in the country a clearly fixed number of days for a permitted period), the insurance policy must be issued for the same period with an indication of a specific number of days during which the insured will be located on the territory of Schengen. The cost of the policy is calculated for this particular number of days by analogy with our standard policy. The territory of the insurance policy is the Schengen Union (with the clarification of the name of the country, through the consulate of which the entry visa will be issued, the exceptions are Finland and Italy (in this case, the territory of action is only the Schengen Union, without specifying the country).
What you need to consider?
The two main rules: choose the insurance company fully satisfies your requirements, and to behave in the insurance case. Details – below.
When choosing an insurance company, it is important to understand what the policy covers the insured amount. Many insurance does not take into account the costs of repatriation, the transportation of critically ill patients. Often, the policy does not cover the costs of stay in hospital, medicines, etc.D. This type of insurance guarantees medical assistance only in strictly defined cases. For example, dentistry is not often at all included in the standard package. Carefully read the insurance forms, contracts and insurance rules, so as not to be in a pickle. Also advise thoroughly to understand what is uninsurable, and what is not. For example, injuries tourist while intoxicated, do not fall under the insurance case. Also, do not expect to recover the cost of treatment of chronic or infectious diseases or to detect cancer.
Natalya Sotnikova, representative of "Ingosstrakh":
"Standard Package tourism policy of" Ingosstrakh "and covers dental, and hospital stay, and travel expenses, when necessary repatriation. Many policies only consider primary health care, for example, inspection, but not a cure. This is the point to which the tourist has to pay attention when placing insurance. In addition, the insured in our company when the insured event call directly to "Ingosstrakh" and not to the service center, as it happens in other insurance companies. This provides a quick solution to the problem ".
What to do if an insured event?
- Advance, before applying to the medical institution to inform the Service Center of the Insurer specified in the insurance policy phones about the incident and tell the operator the following information: the name, the name of the insured, the insurance policy number, the nature of assistance required, location and phone number for feedback. (In practice, the more often the other way around: first visit to the hospital, and then to call the insurer).
- Get assistance in accordance with the instructions of the operator of the Service Center.
- Coordinate their actions.
Short-term or annual policy?
If you need to travel very often, then think of the annual policy. Although, in practice, short-term policies are more financially justified.
What is insurance with a deductible / non-deductible?
Insurance with a deductible cheaper, so tour operators often choose precisely this type of insurance for the package tour. What does this mean for the tourist?
If you purchased insurance with a deductible, when the insured event you will need to activate your policy paying $ 30-50. Insurance does not need to be activated with no deductible.
Tip: You better spend 600 rubles by issuing an extended medical insurance policy before traveling. It will save you money if you have to use policy.
If we are talking about insurance on his own recognizance, in this case, the franchise – this is non-refundable part of the loss. If, for whatever (insurance) because you could not go on a trip, the insurance company will return the money, retaining 15% of the tour price.