Japanese Sweets: 19 main desserts
Pretty original treats, which hardly affected the influence of Europe, are Japanese sweets. They are very diverse and not everyone will taste everything, but they will not definitely leave anyone indifferent. We tried to collect here the most popular Japanese sweets, and even gave the recipes of the most famous desserts – Perhaps it will inspire you to a gastronomic trip to the country of the rising sun!
The Japanese pay a lot of attention to the feed of dishes and therefore their sweets look bright and beautiful, and sometimes even so cute that they are sorry. Some sweet recipes are borrowed by Europeans and gained great popularity throughout the world, so some may be surprised to see their favorite delicacy among traditional desserts of Japanese cuisine.
Sweets in Japan are prepared from rice flour, leggings or rice dough, sugar and vegetable oil, and agar-agar used as a thickener.
One of the traditional Japanese desserts – Vagashi. They are not too sweet and may even seem fresh. Vagasi is preparing for the traditional unchanged recipe and are a reflection of the soul of the chef. The art of their creation developed simultaneously with the tea ceremony and therefore sweets should be equally welcoming, with several very important features:
- Color range and confectionery form must please the eye and correspond to the time of year;
- Each treat should complement the other and perfectly combined with green tea;
- All Vagasi are made manually, only then, according to the Japanese, a person who touches sweets will enjoy the first of all from the fact that it is handmade;
- The name and type of treatments should cause positive emotions and pleasant associations;
- Depending on the time of the year, the ingredients of the dish are changing, which allows one and the same sweetness with different tastes.
In order to prepare Vagasi, the master must invest a part of his soul, adhering to the principle «do it yourself». At the same time, the fragrance of sweets should transmit nature particle.
The list of sweets of Japan is quite large:
- Anmidzu – Jelly cubes, inside of which a variety of fruits and even compositions in the form of flowers, fish, animals and insects.
- Botamechi – Consideration in the form of cakes on rice flour, and inside the stuffing paste Adzuki.
- Daifuk – Rice pellets with filling. Fruits and Ako paste traditionally add a filling.
- Dango – Sweetness cooked from Anko’s paste. Dano rolled on sticks and thus serve.
- Nariojan – Marmalade made from beans of red beans.
- Moti (urine) – Thin dough that is the basis of all Vagasi.
- Botamoti – Covered pasta from beans of red beans.
- Varabimoti – Transparent Varabi dough (fern growing in Japan). Served by pieces with Kinako (Sweet Soy Flour) and Kuromitsa (Syrup of Live Sugar).
- Kusamoti – Same dough, only green.
- Sakuramoti – The base turns into the leaves of Sakura.
- Mandse – Made from wheat flour with the addition of adzuki fillings.
- Namagasi – Vagasi’s type, which in no case cannot be stored. It is made directly before submitting to the table. Namagasi called «Live dessert».
- Rakugan – Sweet solid candy.
- Wiro – Cupcakes for a couple.
- Dulley will seem familiar to almost all. This is a pair of round biscuits with a filling of adzuki paste between them. Of course, such a filling is distributed only in Japan, and in the rest of the countries it can be absolutely any jam, condensed milk, chocolate, caramel, cream and much more.
- Imaagaya – Fried Pattail Stuffed Adzuki Past.
- Casivochi – urine dough wrapped in salted oak sheets.
- Kincato – Caramel from sugar.
- Narikiri – Cupcakes prepared on the basis of white beans paste, sugar and aiguh or mountain yams Nagaimo.
Despite the fact that the preparation of Japanese sweets is real art, the technology is pretty simple, the main thing is to find a detailed and right recipe with step-by-step photos or video preparations you like treat.
In order to cook Dango at home you need:
- Mix rice flour and boiled water, pouring water gradually before getting a sticky dough of homogeneous consistency.
- Shackle balls.
- Rice rice balls on a skeleton and put in boiling water.
- Wait until you pop up and still cook for a few minutes.
- Cook sauce. Starch diluted with water and leave for 10 minutes, then add sugar sand and soy sauce. Boil to thickening without stopping stirring.
- Hiding ready dango sauce and serve to the table.
Simple Vagashi. Ingredients:
- 100 gr. rice flour;
- Granulated sugar;
- Take 100 gr. rice, pinch of salt and 20 gr. Sugar sand, mix and slightly add boiled water before getting a smooth dough.
- Make the balls and boil.
- Stir the balls and divide into smaller.
- Prepare a sprinkle. To do this, mix and slightly grind sugar sand and cinnamon. Slightly fry sesame without oil.
- Cover half of the balls with cinnamon sprinkle, and the second – Seung.
- Vagasi ready for filing.
Sweets of the country «Ascending sun» Claim a good mood for all day and diverse everyday tea. Every hostess when preparing such desserts, can make their changes and invest a particle itself.
Well, to enjoy authentic Japanese sweets – You still have to travel to the country of the Rising Sun. Especially since the spring there is also another landmark – Famous Sakura!
➔ Especially for you, we picked up more interesting articles about gastronomic tourism:
➔ See the news on the smartphone? Subscribe to tourism news from the tourism in Google News: These are fresh ideas for travel, travel news and selections on sales of tours and air tickets! Either subscribe to the tourist news channel on Yandex.Dzen