Rest in Turkey.Kusadasi city. Excursions to see.
Scala Nuova, as Kusadas was used to be called, his appearance is obliged to cross the old Havanny Ephesus and the Mileta, which is why Genoese merchants in the XIV century received from the Byzantine emperor permission to find a new place for parking his merchant fleet. Osmans expected in the XVI century, the Italians after the First World War returned for a short time – a small intermezzo, which in 1922 he stopped the Turkish troops under the command of Ataturk. In the 1960s, cruise ships began to come to the port with a wealthy public, for which Turkey agreed to slightly raise its Eastern Chadra. The mass flow of tourists from abroad hung in Kusadas only in the 1980s, and literally for several years a small port town turned into a noisy resort, initially English, and then more and more international. Local yacht port today is the second largest (after Marmaris) in Turkish Mediterranean.
- The pulsating heart of the city is his old port
The pulsating heart of the city is its old port (2), not far from which there is a very remarkable caravansery (Khan) (3), built in 1618. With a great Vizir, the Okey Mehmet Pasha. In the courtyard, disembodied bougainvillees and palm trees, carpet shops on the first floor are peacefully adjacent to the elegant hotel arranged at the top.
Caleach (Kaleiçi, "Old Town") adjoins the port, where you can wander around the bazaar (4) . Souvenir, carpet and jewelry shops, as well as local cafes and restaurants, are focused on the massive buyer. There is still a few lanes in almost priority form, and you can catch the spirit of the former Turkey.
- Beer Bars and Disco Street Barlard Sokak
Not at all turkish, but rather the Anglo-American atmosphere reigns on Pub Lane (Pub Lane) (5) . Actually, the street is called Barlar Sokak, which is more accurately translated as Bar Street, Bar Street. This is an approximately two-plate descent, completely furnished with beer bars and discos. Sensitive Natures It is better to overcome him by shutting down the ears, because each beer seeks to exceed the adjacent volume.
Excursions in Turkey
The west of the port on the small island of Gyverdzhinada (Güvercinada, "Golubina Island") (6), related to the Dambia with the mainland, is the old Byzantine Fort. Here it is good to relax in teahouses and in a beautiful park with oleandra and palm trees – of course, in those hours when too many visitors do not accumulate. Cape Yylandji (Yilanci) (7) is visible from the island, where, as Ionian Naples is believed to be in ancient times. Further to the south extends the beautiful and very popular Kadinlar Beach (8), more famous called "Ladies Beach"
Attractions in the vicinity of Kusadasi
The first place among the attractions in the vicinity of Kusadasi, no doubt, are divided by the ruins of Ephesus and the small Turkish city of Selçuk (20,000) (20,000 residents), which is located near the ruins of the once world famous city, and partly right on them.
Founded in 1929 ** Archaeological Museum (1) with a well-organized exposure of antique finds serves as an excellent complement to an excursion through the ancient ruins. Its most significant exhibits include two richly decorated with mythological motifs * Statues of Artemis – Roman copies from the lost original of the archaic period, found under the Tanion, as well as numerous friezes and sculptures of the Hellenistic and Roman periods: among them "Odyssey and Polyfhem" and "Lying Warrior".
It’s a small place to look at no slow. Very picturesque, preserved in the center of the town of the town of Byzantine Aqueduct (2), on which storks nest.
The south of the Byzantine Fortress (3) of the VI century, closed for visitors, on the Hill Ayasoluk (Ayasoluk) lie ruins * Basilica. John (4), which was constructed under the Emperor Justinian I (527-565.). It had a dimension of approximately 110 x 140 m and a long time remained one of the largest Byzantine churches and the pilgrimage site of Christians. It is believed that she was erected just above the place where the grave of the Apostle John is located (at the main altar). After the arrival of Selzhukov, the church was turned into a mosque, and about 1370 almost completely destroyed by an earthquake. Re-installed columns and portal vaults allow themselves to imagine the same dimensions and the power of this magnificent building.
- Mosques and temples
From the hill is visible towering in the western part of the valley * Isa Bey Mosque (5) – a building with a majestic portal built at the same time of the Seljuk rule in 1375 and more similar to the fortress. Minbar (department) and Mihrab (challenging niche) in the mosques are made of marble, and some of the columns in its courtyard once belonged to the Basilic. John.
Having passed by the old Hamama (6) of 1372 buildings, you will fall into an almost empty field, where in the old days I shone the temple of Artemis (7) (Artemision). This construction of a length of 125 m and a width of 60 m was considered one of the seven wonders of the world of the ancient world – probably not the last role in this played generous support for the Lidius king Kröz in the VI century BC. NS. Here, in Malaya Asia, it served as a cult of Artemis, which made the traditional elements of the cult of goddess fertility Kibel. In 356 BC. NS., As the antique legend says, the temple is a pathery of Greek Herostrat, driven by the desire to become famous. (There is, however, the version that Herostrat owes the temple and just decided to get rid of debt receipts).
Hotels City Kusadasi
The most famous in our time is an antique city on the coast of Malaya Asia – the city of Ephesus
No more than 3 km from Solkuka, at the mouth of the River Small Meander (Küçük Menderes), spread out, perhaps the most famous in our time an antique city on the coast of Malaya Asia – Efes city (EFES) (21) . Ionian Greeks around 1200 BC. NS. founded a settlement next to the ancient sanctuary of Anatolian goddess of the fertility Kibel. Under the Greek influence, the cult of this goddess gave way to the cult of Ephesus Artemis. After the period of the board of the Lidiorsky king, Kreza replaced each other Greeks and Persians, while this prosperous city did not get in 190 to. NS. Pergammsky kingdom. When the Pergamm kingdom has moved to Romans (133 g. to N. NS.), Ephesus became the capital of the Roman Province of Asia.
In the Roman emperors, he turned into one of the largest cities of the ancient world with a population of more than 200,000 people. In 330, Konstantin I the Great proclaimed Byzantium (Constantinople) by the new capital. Cropped by this gradual decline of Ephesus even more accelerated due to the crown of the harbor. Earthquakes and raids of Arabs in 668 and 718 years brought new destruction. Conquered at first Seljuki (1304 g.), then Mongols (1402 g.) and Ottomans (1426 g.), once the most luxurious city of Malaya Asia has turned into piles of ruins.
As a result of excavations from 1869 under the leadership of Austrians (no wonder in Vienna Hofburg, there is an Ephesus Museum with Parfyan frieze), the most extensive and best preserved remnants of the ancient city in Turkey were found here. Most of the excavated buildings belong to the Roman era.
Excursions in the ancient city of Ephesis-Rest in Turkey
Tours to Turkey
Passing the entrance, you see the right area of Verulana (9) (II in.), and the left of the theater-gymnasiums (10) (II-IV centuries.), which is believed to be the largest health entity of the city.
The first important attraction on your way is a large theater (11) I century. Well-preserved construction with a diameter of 130 m with 66 rows could accommodate approximately 25,000 people. In 53. NS. It has become a dramatic conflict, when the faithful Artemide Ephessians cruelly fell on the stay in the city of Apostle Paul for his missionary activities (Acts of Apostles, 19, 23-40).
- What you can view.Old library and theater
From the upper rows, Arkadian (12) was clearly visible (decorated with ports of the port street), which in a straight stretch to the west past the port gymnasium (13) and port leads (14) where there was now the dry harbor (15) of the Great Antique City.
The theater begins leading to the south of Marble Street 16), on the one hand, which lies the Lower Agora (17) (Market Square) of the Square Shape, once bordered by trade shops. The length of its side sides is 118 m.
At the end of the marble street on the right side there is a two-story building of the famous Library of Celsius (18) – Pearl of Roman architecture. She carries the name of the Roman Proconsula and the governor of Tita Julia Celsius, who died here in 114. NS. and was buried in the library, while luxuriously decorated with multi-colored marble.
The Celsius library in the south-east turns out * Street of Kuredov, then climbing the top agora. On the left side of the road is the building in which, apparently, was a public house (19) . On the right there is an octogon (20), an eight-marched mausoleum of the Egyptian princess Arsinoe IV. In his claims for the throne, she lost to Cleopatre VII (51-30 GG. to N. NS.), known for his love connections with two commander, Julia Caesar and Mark Anthony, and lived in exile in Ephesus.
This architectural treasure is a small ** Temple of Adrian (21), striking with its rich decoration. This is a sanctuary, mostly restored, served as a cult of the personality of the Roman emperor (117-138.). On the castle stone of Archlywa, the figure of Goddess Taikh, which is a symbol of good luck of the trading city. From the north to the temple, once the multi-storey terms of scholarski (22) (III in.).
On the opposite side of the streets of Kuredov are all a few years ago * Nagorny houses (23) (Separate entrance) with good friezes, color wall paintings with skillful mosaic (samples are exhibited at the Museum of the city of Selchuk). Private baths and hypokuista (heating systems under the floor) indicate a high level of improvement of the houses of the elite in the Roman emperors. Roofs of houses are reconstructed in accordance with antique samples.
Next to the left is * Nimphon Trajan (24) – a luxurious fountain decorated in ancient times by the statues of the emperor (98-117.) and other dignitaries, and even further the gate of Hercules (25) with the relief, depicting the Greek hero.
At the end of the street of Kureov, there is a monument to Memmia (26) . It dates back to the first century. NS., So, is one of the most ancient detected buildings of the city.
The cult of the Roman emperor served as the temple of Domitsian (27), which, after the overthrow of the princex (81-96.) was consecrated in honor of his father Vespasian (69-79.) who built the world famous Colosseum in Rome. In the ground floor of the temple is the epigraphy museum.
The upper agora number of 58 x 160 m was the political center of Ephesus. In the western part of it stands Nymphon Pollyo (28) (93 g. to N. NS.), originally decorated with statues. Roman architect Pollyo supplied this huge city by water supply.
To the north, the ruins of the building are visible, commonly referred to as the Tenanon (29) (29), where the priests (jackets) and Vadilki girls supported the eternal flame.
Nearby is Odeon (30) (Concert Hall), open in the II century and originally had a roof. Its ranks were able to accommodate approximately 1,400 spectators.Welcome to Turkey!I hope it will soon open!
Pick up, inexpensive tours will help you operators:
For example, my car rental offers its customers cars of various classes on favorable conditions. All cars provided are in excellent condition. If you are traveling with children, if you are traveling with children, in addition to the car rental, you can request a booster, a children’s chair and even cradle.