Rhodes – O. Rhodes, Greece – Tourist Blog
Weather: It was raining to one day for about an hour, another half a day was cloudy. The rest of the time is sunny, + 27-29. The sea is very calm, only 1 day were small waves that did not interfere with diving even with children.
Hotel Esperides 4 *, near Faliraki. Hotel:
1) Located on the first line from the sea. Near the hotel three shopping center, one opposite the hotel (small, about 10 shops), one right from the hotel in 3 min. on foot (approximately 20-30 shops and 2-3 taverns), one left away from the hotel in 5 min. on foot (approximately 40 shops and 3-4 taverns). The range is ordinary: from clothes and souvenirs, to gold and fur, prices are very moderate, I advise bargain – make a discount.
Getting from the hotel:
– Before the start of the shopping and entertainment zone of Faliraki 20-30 min. on foot or 4-5 min. by bus;
– to the center of Faliraki 5-7 min. by bus;
– to Rhodes 30 min. by bus or 30 min. on the boat;
– to the water park 5 min. on foot.
Bus stop in front of the hotel, boat jacket also opposite the hotel.
2) Beach Wide, Large Sand. The sea is the purest! Entrance to the sea – a strip of medium and large pebbles (not very comfortable), at a distance of 5-7 m. From the shore, at a depth of about one and a half meters, a more or less smooth solid bottom begins, in a couple of meters – only the flood. Sun beds and umbrellas for free. Also a lot of sun beds by pools and lawn.
3) Territory of the hotel small: lawn, palm alley, 2 adults and children’s pool, football field, restaurant, tavern by the pool, 4 bars and 1 children’s, small park with attractions for children, cinema hall (there was no Russian films).
4) Hotel service:
– In the room: TV, refrigerator, minibar (filled only once upon arrival), hair dryer, safe at an additional cost;
– In the bathroom only liquid soap in the dispensers (shampoo, there is no balm);
– change of linen and cleaning – daily, housekeeping – on a troeuchka, maids mostly from less developed countries and are not very trained, but if you say the administrator than dissatisfied, then take note of the quality and further improve the quality;
– In the main restaurant, dirty chairs (many rest with children, kids climb on their chairs);
– Spa and fitness in the hotel no.
5) Food (ALL) as a whole on the four, although quite monotonous.
6) The hotel lived mostly English-speaking and German-speaking tourists, a lot with children. Russian-speaking, I think there was no more than 15%. Russian personnel practically does not know.
In general, the hotel for a relaxing beach holiday.
Tour Operator VKO Travel, Tourfirm Beleon Turs. Receptions, work guides are organized very well. Guide (Irina) could have obtained comprehensive information on all issues.
In travel agencies they took 2 excursions, each to 8-9 hours:
– Wonders of the island of Rhodes (60 euros per person, with lunch and wine tasting). Troyek Excursion Program. Two interesting places visited: Kamiros and Monolithos. PRsonissi was shown from a distance to a kilometer, the hour spent on an unnecessary bathing on one of the beaches in the south of the island (they could also be swimming in their hotel);
– Orthodox Rhodes (60 euros per person, with lunch). Excellent excursion! Dmitry’s guide with magnificent theological and historical education, owns a large material from the history of Orthodoxy and Christianity as a whole. During the excursion in Monastery Mona Tari and in the temple of St.Panteleimon in Si’an services are carried out specifically for this group, in the Temple in Si’an, the power of St.Panteleimon, on which, after the service, the Batyushka sanctifies the acquired icons.
– In Rhodes (2 times, day and evening). With the guide all looked. Old city is very small.
– On the Siemy: from the hotel on a small boat to Rhodes, and from Rhodes – on the ferry to Siemy (only 23 euros per person; travel agency offers the same in 40!). On this interesting monastery Ponormitis. Troyken town, mainly around the harbor. In the city in restaurants on the waterfront, prices are overestimated (for two salads and a jar of wine paid 35 euros). SIMI advise to buy spices, but in the shops near the hotel they are much cheaper.
– In Lindos (on the bus about 16 euros for two and back, on the road for about an hour; on the boat – 20 euros per person; from travel agency – it seems 30 euros per person). Cool ride to the acropolis on the donkey.