Trujillo (Trujillo) – The third largest city of Peru, located on the North-West Coast of the country, 570 km north of Lima. Based on December 6, 1534 by Spanish colonists and named after the native city of Conquistador Francisco Pizarro. Population – 709 566 people (2007).
The city is the administrative center of the La Liebead region and has important economic importance – there is a center for the cultivation and processing of sugar cane.
Thanks to a sustainable warm climate and sandy Pacific beaches, as well as thanks to the old colonial architecture in the historic center of the city and the unique monuments of the architecture of ancient cultures of Chim and mechik in its surroundings, Trujillo is one of the most important tourist centers in the north-west Peru.
10 km north of the city there is a popular resort of Uanchako, where the siefs from all over the world come.
In Trojillo dry and warm climate, during the year the temperature ranges from +21 to +27 °C Day, from +14 to +17 at night. Water temperature from +16 to +20 ° C year round.
The most warm months – January, February, March, and they are the most rainy. The dry period is April-December.
In Trujillo there is an airport with the title title – Trujillo Airport. You can fly there from Lampero and Taca flights from Lama. Flight takes about an hour.
Also to the city can be reached by comfortable buses of the following companies:
Very remarkable and beautiful Central part of the city – Here are a great set of monuments of colonial architecture, including beautiful mansions and churches.
Plaza de Armaas Square (Plaza-de-Armas) – one of the main attractions of the city. In 1820, the Statue of Liberty was put on the square – it was here that Peru was proclaimed by an independent country. Square surrounded beautiful buildings: Cathedral, City Hall, Episcopal Palace.
Catedral Cathedral (La Catedral De Trujillo) – built between 1647 and 1666 and is today one of the business cards Trujillo. Located on the Armas Square in the city center, the valuable works of the art of the School of Painting Cusco and Quito are stored here.
Mansion Casa de la Emancipasion (Sasa de la Emancipacion) – Colonial mansion, built in the XVI century. Notable in that in good condition, household and furniture are preserved.
Kasa-Ganos Mansion (Sasa Ganoza) – an old generic home, when built by several different styles: Rococo, Baroque and Mudjar. Local residents call him a house of Lviv because of non-nucleus lion statues located above the main entrance. Now there is a museum-gallery in it, where a variety of exhibits are collected from the XVII century. Total in Casa-Ganos 10 halls.
Archaeological Museum (ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM) – was opened in 1995 at the local university. Located in the old mansion of the XVII century, replacing many owners. The last owners were Risk Family, thanks to which the museum is also called Casa-Risk. The museum contains a large number of artifacts that reflect the history of the northern coast. The most noteworthy finds from the temple of the moon of the urine era.
Cassinelli Museum (Cassinelli Museum) – Another museum, the famous archaeological collection of exhibits belonging to cultures from Chimima, Vika, Requie and Mochik. Archaeological excavations are often conducted in the vicinity of the city, so the collection is constantly updated. Now there are more than 1000 exhibits. Located in the former building station, located north of Espany Street.
Espanya Street (Avenida España) in itself is not a significant landmark, but it is very beautiful. Built in the form of an ellipse. Previously, there was a wall that defended the city from the attacks of pirates.
Chan Chan Chan – One of the main attractions in the vicinity of Trujillo, which is the ruins of the capital of the State of Chimor, the former ONE CULTURE CULTURE CULTURE.
Chan-chan is translated as «Sun – Sun». The city is more than 700 years old and its area is about 28 km².
It is assumed that at one time he was the largest city on the continent, and in the period of his heyday there were about 60,000 people.
The capital initially consisted of 9 districts, each of which was managed by his ruler and had its own burial sites.
When in the late 15th century, Inci came here, they could not take the city of Chan-Chan with the help of power, because they had to build a dam in order to take the river on which the city stood in another direction. According to their calculations, only the lack of water could make the precipitated city surrender, and so it came out. After conquering Incas, Chan-chan lost its value. However, they were destroyed and plundered Chan-Chan not Inka, and Spaniards.
From ancient culture, Chimima now has little left, only major ranges with ruins of cult facilities and residential buildings have been preserved to this day.
In 1986, the Archaeological Complex Chan-Chan entered the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Sun Temple (Huaca Del Sol) and the Temple of the Moon (Huaca de La Luna) – 6 kilometers southeast Trujillo are located two ancient ceremonial ceremonial ceremonial centers, built during the development of the culture of the urine and representing temples in the form of pyramids.
The temple of the Sun rises on a 18-meter platform, its height is 43 meters, and the lower tier has dimensions of 228×136 meters. There are still archaeological excavations here, so you can look at it only from afar.
The moon temple is located at the foot of the mountain called Belaya (Cerro Blanco), has a square base, with parties of 87 m and a height of 21 meters, and built very interestingly – consists of four temples built at different times right on each other. That is, in theory to see the walls of the most ancient of them, you need to disassemble everything built later.
In the past, the moon temple was all covered with painting and fortunately in many places it is still preserved.
El Brujo (EL Brujo) – Archaeological complex on the Pacific Coast Peru, located about 51 km north of Trujillo.
El Bruch complex consists of 3 separate temples built at different times – Waka-Nuaca Priety (Huaca Cao Viejo) and Uaka Cortada (La Huaca Cortada).
The most ancient of them – Uak-Neuta, built approximately 2500 BC. There are still excavations here, so tourists are not allowed here.
Waka-Kao-Vieho – refers to the culture of the urine, was built about 200 of our era and was used until 650.NS. The temple has not been restored, because all the walls and drawings are stored in the same form as they were in deep antiquity.
The most interesting thing in Waka-Kao-Vieho is the graves of Signora de Cao (Sen’ora de Cao), on the assumption of one of the government officials, who lived at about 350 years old. Her grave was found in 2006, the mummy preserved perfectly, especially the preservation of her skin – almost all the tattoos, decorated the body during life.
It is assumed that Signora died at the age of 20-25 years from complications during childbirth, her 145 centimeter body was wrapped in 26 layers of tissues – scientists had to spend six months to expand the mummy.