US Customs Rules
Import and export of national and foreign currency is not limited. At the same time, an amount equal to or exceeds $ 10,000 is declared at the entrance.
Customs Declaration Filling Rules
Before crossing the border, you must fill out a customs declaration (it is issued on an airplane / on the sea vessel or directly at the border crossing point). The customs declaration is filled in English, printed letters. Blank Declaration "divided" on the following blocks of questions:
– Personal data entering:
NS.1. surname and name (as in passport);
NS.2. date of birth in dd / mm / yyyg;
NS.3. the number of family members traveling with entering (without taking into account the most entrusing);
NS.4. address in the United States (name and address of hotel / motel / rented apartment or address of friends or relatives);
NS.5. the name of the country in which the passport is issued;
NS.6. passport number;
NS.7. The name of the country in which the entering currently lives.
–Questions about the nature of the trip and visited countries:
NS.eight. List the countries in which the entering visited immediately before traveling to the United States;
NS.nine. The flight number and the airline code, for traveling by the sea – the name of the vessel;
NS.ten. The main goal of this visit is business? "Yes"/"No" – Mark the crossed need.
– questions about imported goods and currency – It is required to put a cross in the graph "Yes" or "No" Opposite each question:
NS.eleven. Do you carry with you:
A. Fruits, Plants, Food, Seeds or Insects
B. Meat, animal or animal products / wildlife
with. Diseases, cell cultures or snails
D. Soil samples, or you visited the farm / ranch / pasture outside the United States
NS.12. I (we) were in close proximity / contacted by agricultural animals (meaning – care, animal treatment outside the United States before traveling)
NS.13. I (we) Vise $ 10,000 and more in US dollars or the equivalent of this amount in foreign currency (in any form) to the United States?
Definitions of monetary instruments (coins, banknotes, personal and bank checks, travelers, money transfers, stocks, bonds) are placed on the back of the form.
NS.fourteen. I (we) Vise commercial products in the United States
(All products intended for sale in the United States, samples used to receive orders, or goods that do not belong to personal items).
– Final points:
NS.15. Subsection Residents is filled only by US residents;
Visitors subsection – if you are not a US resident, write the total cost of all goods (including the commercial) that you intend to leave in the US.
Below should be the signature and date.
The form on the reverse side of the declaration is filled only if the country is imported in the amount of equal or exceeding $ 10,000, or when to list the imported goods (.15) Lack of place.
Detailed instructions and comments on filling the declaration can be found on the US Customs and Border Control Service (CBP).
Prohibition of imports in the USA agricultural goods and products
The importation of most products and agricultural products from other countries is prohibited in the USA:
– Fresh and canned meat (including poultry meat);
– meat, eggs, feathers, skins, wild animal canines;
– Plants and seeds (exception – Flowers without soil in the presence of a phytosanitary certificate);
– a range of fruits and vegetables (including grapes, apples, tomatoes);
– Fish and non-confined caviar;
– dairy products and eggs;
– soil samples;
– Mollusks and snails.
From the point of view of the US Department of Agriculture, the above listed may pose a threat to plants (both agricultural and decorative) and livestock, as often contains hazardous viruses or pests that cause hazardous diseases epidemics, thereby applying a tangible damage to the US economy. Therefore, at the airports held selective checks of the arrivals. In case of detection of products, the possibility of their importation is assessed by the Customs Expert. However, in most cases, if there are no special permit on products, they will be withdrawn with the compilation of customs officers of the relevant documents. Penalties are not applied.
If the prohibited products are found, but not listed in the declaration of their owner, they will be seized, and penalties will be applied to the importance (the penalty is for the first violation – from $ 300).
Important! Strictly prohibited importation of any vegetables, fruits and representatives of fauna to the territory of the Hawaiian Islands, not only because of the border, but also from the main territory of the United States.
Detailed information on the rules of import of agricultural products can be obtained on the US Department of Agriculture.
Vehicle imports of goods
To import Without duties are allowed:
– Up to 1 American Quarters (946.3 ml) of strong alcoholic beverages or 2 quarts of low alcohol drinks (absinthe and containing RTemisia Absinthium beverages are prohibited for imports in any quantity) – up to 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 4.4 pounds (2 kg) sheet tobacco.
– personal use (including not only clothes and shoes, but also a camera, a laptop or tablet, a mobile phone / iPhone, a pram – should be seen that these things are already used) – within reasonable limits.
– Gifts up to $ 100 per person (alcoholic beverages and cigarettes can not be included in this type of goods, but it can come here an additional up to 100 cigars).
Tobacco and alcoholic beverages can import only faces older than 21 years.
Special permission Required for importation:
– a number of medicines;
– hunting weapons;
– art objects;
– Antiques, including with elements from a turtle shell, ivory (with this item should be at least 100 years).
Forbidden to import:
– All types of drugs and drug-containing medical staff;
– Medicines not undergoing certification of the US Federal Agency;
– Rare and endangered types of animals and birds; their skins, eggs, leather, fangs, bone (including elephant bone, shells of turtles, crocodile skin); products of them;
– Agricultural products (see. previous section);
– combat weapons (cold and firearms);
– poisoning substances and poisons;
– Materials (in printed and electronic form) extremist content.
The importation of pets and birds is possible only in the presence of a veterinary certificate of the international sample, indicating the dates of vaccinations (including rabies) and the seal of veterinary control on the road from the country of origin.
It is recommended to supply an animal with a strong collar and identification labels (tokens) with an address of the permanent accommodation of the owner and phone numbers. All pets imported into the territory of the Hawaiian Islands should, among other things, go through a long (up to 120 days depending on the country of origin) quarantine and must have an implanted microchip, decorated in State of Hawaii Department of Agriculture.