Citizens of Russia for entry in Vietnam visa is not required, subject to the following conditions:
– The purpose of the visit is tourism, transit, business trip or visiting friends or relatives,
– The stay in the country does not exceed 15 days and during this period is not planned to leave Vietnam.
– Repeated entry in Vietnam without a visa is possible only after 30 days from the date of the last departure from the country.
If within 30 days from the moment of entry in Vietnam, departure is planned to neighboring countries, and then return to Vietnam, to re-entry (or several entrances) it is necessary to place a visa.
This rule acts even if the tourist arrived in Vietnam for 15 days as part of a visa-free regime and during his stay decided to go on a short-term excursion to neighboring countries (for example, for a day in Laos or Cambodia), and then return to Vietnam again.
Multiple entry in Vietnam and staying in the country more than 15 days
If you plan to double or multiple entry in Vietnam within 30 days, or staying in the country more than 15 days, you can choose one of the following options:
– to arrange a multiple visa for 1 month or 3 months in advance at the Vietnam Consulate in Moscow or Yekaterinburg, or in dipms in neighboring countries;
– Approval Letter online on the website of any Vietnamese tour operator, giving the right to receive a visa visa at the airport (single or multiple, 1 or 3 months per month at the request of a tourist); – enter for 15 days without a visa, then go beyond Vietnam, place an Approval Letter online, and return to Vietnam again (In this case, re-entry in Vietnam is possible only by the plane, on the land borders of the visa on the basis of visa permission are not issued).
Visa Decision (Approval Letter) online
Visa permission (Approval Letter) gives the right to receive a Vietnamese arrival visa at the country’s international airports. On ground transitions and river and seaports of visas based on Approval Letter are not issued!
As such, the visa permission is issued by the Department of Immigration Vietnam, but the application is carried out not directly, but through intermediaries – Vietnamese travel companies. Sites of these companies can be found through any search engine. Regardless of the company’s chosen company, the process of visa permit is as follows:
1.Online is filled with a visa questionnaire in English:
– Indicates the name and surname of tourist / tourists, date of birth, citizenship, passport number, entry dates and departure, email address,
– The port of arrival is selected, the validity period of the visa (1 or 3 months), the variety of visas (one-time or multiple).
2. The company’s services are paid:
– Visa For a period of one month on average costs from $ 10 to $ 19 (single), from $ 14 to $ 30 (multiple).
– Visa For a validity of three months on average costs from $ 22 to $ 30 (single), from $ 30 to $ 60 (multi-time).
3. After accepting a positive solution (usually within 1-3 days), the Approval Letter form will be sent to the applicant with an email, indicating tourist data, visa duration, airport entry.
4. Visa permission must be printed and present when registering on the flight, and then by arrival at the rack "Landing Visa Counter" (In addition to printing permission, two photos of the passport format of 4 x 6 cm) before the passport control booths. After checking in the tourist passport, an entry visa is affixed.
Citizens of the Russian Federation have no additional visa fees, citizens of other countries, including Ukraine, pay a visa collection of $ 45 (single and multiple visa for a period of action 1 months), $ 65 – one-time visa for three months, $ 95 multiple visa for three months.
Visa registration in the consulate
- Passport, whose validity period is at least six months from the date of arrival in the country;
- 2 questionnaires filled in English or French and signed by the applicant personally. It is also allowed to fill out a questionnaire in Russian, but in this case the name and surname of the applicant must be written with Latin letters (as in the passport);
- 2 identical color photographs 4 x 6 cm;
- invitation (fax) from the host.
Duration of Visa
The validity of the visa depends on the deadlines specified in the invitation decorated by the Vietnamese host party, but does not exceed 30 days. In the consular department of the Vietnam Embassy in Moscow, one-time visas are issued – a period of staying in the country for up to 30 days, two-time and multiple visas, whose validity period is 30 days, 6 months or one year (depending on the purpose of the trip and deadlines specified in the invitation).
Deadline for Visa
Permission to receive a visa on arrival is drawn up within 5-7 business days. Visa in the embassy is issued within 7 working days from the date of application.
The procedure for applying for a visa
Submit documents to the consular department of the Vietnam Embassy in Moscow, you can personally either through a trustee (it takes a simple power of attorney from the owner of the passport for submitting and receiving documents), or through travel agency. Reception of applications for a visa and issuance of finished visas is made on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 09.30 to 11.thirty.
Residents of Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk, Chelyabinsk, Orenburg, Tyumen, Omsk, Tomsk, Kemerovo, Ulyanovsk, Samara regions, Perm, Altai and Krasnoyarsk Territories, Republics Bashkortostan and Udmurtia can apply for visas to the Consulate General of Vietnam in Yekaterinburg. Reception and issuance of documents are made from Monday to Friday, from 09.00 to 12.30 and from 13.30 to 18.00. At the same time, you can contact visa issues by phone: +7 (343) 253-0280 (81,82,83,84).
- Passport, whose validity period is at least six months at the time of entry into the country;
- The printout of the return tickets or tickets to the third country (is checked by all who enter the 15-day visa-free stay) or the Printout of Approval Letter (only at international airports).
Extension of a visa
Visa extension is carried out either through the departments of the Ministry of Public Security in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and a number of other cities (a large number of failures!), either through local travel agencies, which is much faster and more convenient. Visa usually extended for 30 days. At the same time, the collection is charged, which is currently $ 45.